How To Open & Close Your Ford Bonnet Correctly
There’s a special technique to opening and closing your Ford bonnet the correct way. The instructional video above will take demonstrate exactly how to do this with a how to guide.
It is essential that you know how to open your bonnet effectively in order to check things like washer fluid and oil. Here’s how to do it:
- First, make sure your handbrake’s on and the ignition’s turned off.
- Let your engine cool for about 10 minutes.
- Reach under the dash and pull the lever.
- The bonnet will pop open.
- Lift the bonnet slightly and feel the release catch, then slide it to the left.
- Lift the bonnet fully, then prop it up safely.
- TOP TIP: Don’t open your bonnet in a high wind
- Time to put the bonnet down? Hold it up with one hand, release the strut with the other.
- Let the bonnet down, then about 30 cm from the body, drop it to lock it.
- TOP TIP: Don’t push the bonnet down to lock it: you might dent your car.
That’s how easy it is to open and close your bonnet.
If there’s anything you’re unsure about, get in touch with us today in Kerry Motor Works by filling out the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.